Monday, February 6, 2012

Cam Newton: "I want to finish my career with the Panthers"

CBS Charlotte posted an article over the weekend that should come as an incredibly happy read for Cam Newton and Carolina Panthers fans.

Here are the highlights:

(On why he wasn't as available to the press as some other players in the NFL):  
"If people really knew my schedule day to day as far as what I try to accomplish…my game play has to be first on my list.  I need to go to sleep knowing what [I am going to do] on Sunday…my days are just so long [and there are only so many hours in the day].”

(On playing football in Carolina):
“It means so much [to be a Carolina Panther]…you hear people respond to what their hopes are for the next season…it gives me hope as the quarterback to go out there and work harder. 

(On if he would ever get too big for Charlotte):
“[I absolutely see myself finishing my career with the Panthers].  Absolutely.  Right before I left [for the Pro Bowl and Indianapolis] I sat down and had a talk with Jerry Richardson, and I had a warmth in my heart that I would be able to call Carolina home for years to come, and that my home will always be in Charlotte.  My motto is to [do everything I can to help make the Panthers an elite team].” 

So there you have it, some great quotes coming out of Super Bowl week from the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment