Monday, January 30, 2012

The New Panthers Logo


So how about those new Carolina Panthers logos?

I hate change, but I suppose this one was inevitable and will hopefully create even more buzz surrounding the franchise who was lucky enough to land Cam Newton.

Here's what the Panthers organization had to say about it:

Staying true to the roots of the panther with subtle updates reflecting a tougher, more defined panther, the evolved logo is evocative of the popular panther statues found on the grounds of Bank of America Stadium. The white outline around the logo has been removed to create a more dimensional feel and to keep the focus on the features of the panther.

If you study the new 'Carolina Panthers' font, I think it's clear the Panthers are going to get new re-designed uniforms from Nike. I think you're likely to see a swipe pattern in the player numbers on the front and possibly the back of the jerseys.

Time will tell. I've always appreciated the Carolina brand and was disappointed to see change in this area. But I'm not a person who likes change. I'm in the minority these days I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment